Replacing separate aged facilities, this project provides a consolidated administrative office facility for the Department of Lands. The new building totals approximately 13,500 SF and includes a separate 1000 SF document archive building. Many of the common department functions have been combined to eliminate duplication and reduce the required new building space. The facility is designed with ‘open’ office areas and modular partitions to maximize flexibility and used of space. Natural daylighting combined with indirect lighting provide a pleasant, efficient interior environment. The exterior utilizes a northwestern vernacular, incorporating wood siding, exposed beams and rock veneer. The landscape and site design provides ‘demonstration areas’ of Department of Lands planting practices and policies.